This was a simple all in one dish that I threw together with what we had in the cupboards, who doesn’t love a one pot wonder meal.
- 100g Tempeh
- 80g Pearled Barley
- 1 handful Peas
- 1 handful Broccoli
- 1 handful Rainbow chard
- 1 handful of broccoli sprouts
- 1 small handful of chopped fresh dill
- 1 red onion sliced finely
- 1 fresh clove of garlic chopped finely
- 1 tbsp dark miso
- 1/2 lemon
- Bring a pan of water to the boil, add the barley and leave to cook for 25 minutes.
- Then saute the onion and garlic in a pan with a little coconut oil and water to soften and cook without sticking to the pan, place the lid on for a couple of minutes.
- Then add the peas, broccoli, rainbow chard and the dark miso, along with a little more water to help steam the vegetables and dilute the miso creating a bit of a sauce.
- Slice the tempeh into rasher style pieces, toss in a little tamari and olive oil then griddle on each side until crispy, be careful not burn.
- Add the barley to the mixture and stir through with the sprouts, chopped dill and the juice of half a squeezed lemon, then serve.