Welcome to episode 10 of my IGTV channel, the episodes keep getting longer (50 minutes today), especially when the topics and guests are so juicy, it’s my job to squeeze the information out of them for you guys, like cold pressed knowledge juicer!
It was my pleasure to sit down with Dr Gemma Newman a GP of 14 years who also happens to now offer plant based nutrition and lifestyle advice to her patients, who have gained tremendous results using the power of their plate. As a broadcaster and writer she has been featured on television, including ITV, Channel 4, Channel 5 and Sky News Sunrise.
It was so refreshing to talk with a GP with years of experience and such forward thinking views on nutrition, who is making such a big impact to her patients lives by blending modern medicine and good nutritional advice to optimise health.
We talked for several hours about many hot topics before and after the interview but recorded the most important knowledge bombs for you guys and the mainstream to hear, so we can all start making important changes to our health and the health of our planet.
A few of the juicey topics we covered:
1. GP’s get a hard time in terms of Nutritional knowledge and advice, is this justified criticism or a harsh judgement?
2. The Truth about Soy, is there anything to worry about?
3. Is Soy safe to eat with hormonal issues such as PCOS (Polycystic Overy Syndrome)
3A. What is the best way to structure a plant based diet to help heal PCOS ?
4. Prescribing a plant based diet for someone with gut issues, such as IBD that flares up after eating plant foods?
5. Top tips for a Healthy Vegan Pregnancy
6. Upcoming projects
Find out more about Gemma below:
GP practise http://www.orchardsurgeryashford.co.uk/staff1.aspx
Plant Based Health Professionals UK https://www.facebook.com/wholefoodplantbasednutrition/
Health and Nutrition Conference April 2019 https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/o/plant-based-health-professionals-uk-15967522689