Name: High Protein Chickpea Pasta
Base Ingredients (1 Serving):
- 1 tablespoons (15 ml) Red Wine Vinegar
- 1 capsule/tablet Garlic – Raw (1 Clove)
- 2 teaspoons (99 grams) Basil, Dried
- 1 tablespoons (15 ml) Olive Oil
- 200 grams Chopped Tomatoes (canned)
- 50 grams Natural Soya Protein Chunks
- 150 grams Evexia Chickpea Fusilli Gluten Free
- Small grating of Sainsbury’s vegan cheddar.
- Kcal – 810
- Protein – 53g
- Carbs – 102g
- Fat – 22g
Perfect For: Post Workout or when you’re bloody starving.
The Thought Process Behind The Dish
Needing a satisfyingly high protein post workout plant powered meal, when I’m not too worries about calories and what to support some great gains in muscle and strength.
Headsup: This is a heavyweight portion calorie wise, so if you’re watching the calories you could make this into 2 smaller size portions for two people and still have a decent about of protein and carbohydrates, have a portion of fruit or some soy yoghurt as a desert.
- Put the soya chunks into a bowl with a teaspoon of dried basil and a quarter of the garlic and fill with hot water, elave for 5 minutes with a lid on.
- Saute the rest of the garlic and the broccoli with salt and pepper and a few drops of hot water, put a lid on and let the broccoli steam for a minute or so.
- Add the tomatoes and 1 tbl of red wine vinegar.
- Drain the soya chunks into a sieve and add everything including the basil and garlic into the pan.
- Simmer everything for about 10 minutes to absorb the flavours.
- Cook the pasta and then toss with the sauce.
- Serve and grate a small helping of vegan cheese onto the top.