As I’m sure you’re aware by now I’m a huge fan of the natural healing benefits of plants both in food, supplements and in alternative medicines.
There is so many incredible plants and herbs out there that can help to improve your immune system and improve overall health without the need to take man made compounds and chemicals.
Here’s a couple of herbs that I’ve just added to my daily routine to mainly help with immune health and for a calming effect, but they also have a huge list of potential health benefits.
IF YOU’RE CURRENTLY ON PHARMACEUTICAL MEDICATION PLEASE ASK YOUR DOCTOR ABOUT ANY POTENTIAL CONTRAINDICATIONS WITH THESE PLANTS.
Oregano oil is relatively cheap, high in antioxidants and is packed full of powerful compounds called phenols.
Oregano oil may be effective against bacterial and fungal infections, inflammation, and pain, among other conditions.
Here are some of the potential benefits that Oregano Oil could have on your health right now:
- Natural Antibiotic – Carvacrol: The most abundant phenol in oregano oil. It has been shown to stop the growth of several different types of bacteria.
- Natural Antifungal – Thymol: A natural antifungal that can also support the immune system and protect against toxins.
- Powerful Antioxidant – Rosmarinic acid: A powerful antioxidant that helps protect against damage caused by free radicals.
Oregano Oil may also help lower Cholesterol, help with yeast infections and improve gut health as it can help reduce parasites and protect the gut lining.
It is known for its longevity benefits. Gotu Kola is a staple in traditional Chinese, Indonesian, and Ayurvedic medicine.
Here are some of the potential benefits that Gotu Kola could have on your health right now:
- Balancing Nervous System – maintaining healthy nervous system function and cognitive function.
- Reduce Anxiety and Stress
- May act as anti-depressant
- Ease Insomnia
Can improve circulation and reduce swelling, it may help to treat Alzheimer’s disease, assist the liver and kidneys in detoxing and could also improve skin, hair and nail health.
So next time before you jump to a man made chemical compound to solve your health, first look at your lifestyle that could be causing it and then look in the plant kingdom for health support from Nature.