My Salad Game is STRONG at the moment, especially as we are in a heat wave, it’s just the perfect meal, combine it with some meaty Seitan and a delicious dressing, you’ve got yourself a super colourful and nutritious lunch and it’s soooo quick and easy to make.
- 1 x baby gem lettuce chopped
- 1 x handful rocket
- 1 x small handful of Thai Basil (this is amazing in salads)
- Chopped tomato, cucumber and sweet red pepper.
- 1 x Sliced avocado
- Small handful of sprouts
- Shelled hemp seeds
- Topped with griddled Classic Seitan from http://LoveSeitan.com (use the code PLANTPOWEREDPT for 15% off)
- Olive oil
- apple cider vinegar
- whole grain mustard
- salt and pepper
- I make my dressings the night before and put into a small glass bottle to take with me to work, so that the salad is not a soggy mess when I come to feasting.
- I slice a chunk of Seitan off the block, about 2 cm thick, which works out around 100g (29g Protein), then I sliced it into thin angled slices and pan fry or griddled it just to get it a little crispy, and I transport this in a separate box and put it all together when I’m ready to eat, pouring over the dressing.