Name: Sprouted Oats and Chia Porridge
Base Ingredients (1 Serving):
- 50g Rude Health Sprouted Oats
- 250ml Rude Health Almond Drink
- Half a Freshly Squeezed Lime
- Cinnamon Sprinkle
- 40ml Coconut Cream
- 25g Chia Seeds
- 30g Trail Mix
- 10g 70% Dark Chocolate (chopped)
- Kcal – 710
- Protein – 21g
- Carbs – 74g
- Fat – 38g
Perfect For: Post Workout or Bloody Cold Mornings!
The Thought Process Behind The Dish
I need something warm and comforting NOW! What’s in the cupboards….ooo that would go together, and that, oh and that!
Headsup: This is a heavyweight portion calorie wise, so if you’re watching the calories you could make this into 2 smaller size portions for two people.
- Add the sprouted oats and almond milk to a pan and heat.
- Once the oats have cooked but there is still some liquid left add the coconut cream and lime juice.
- Then add the chia seeds and remove from the heat, the chia seeds will continue to soak up any remaining liquid.
- Serve in a bowl and top with the trail mix and chopped dark chocolate.
Note: You can use other nut milks but the natural sweetness of the Rude Health almond milk will balance off the sharpness of the lime juice nicely.